Colorado is home to some of the most BEAUTIFUL scenic drives, including the highest paved road in North America! Here is our list of 10 of Colorado’s Most Scenic Motorcycle Rides!
Looking to get motorcycle insurance? We can get you great coverage before your ride! Chat, text or call today, 303-452-6662
Mt. Evans Scenic & Historic Byway
– Highest paved road in North America!
– Idaho Springs to Mount Evans
– 28 Miles one way
San Juan Skyway
– AKA “The Million Dollar Highway”
– Cortez, Telluride, Placerville, Ouray, Silverton, & Durango
– 236 mile loop
Santa Fe Trail
– Historical trade route that pioneers & traders used in the 1800’s.
– Trinidad to Lamar
– 184 miles one way
– Open ONLY from Memorial Day to Labor Day due to the road conditions the high altitude causes. This route passes over the Continental Divide & has spectacular views of Colorado’s highest peak, Mt. Elbert (14,439 ft.)!
– Highway 82 Southeast from Glenwood Springs to Twin Lakes
– 80 miles one way
Trail Ridge Road Scenic & Historic Byway
– You are likely to spot an elk, bighorn sheep, and other wildlife!
– Estes Park to Grand Lake
– 48 miles one way
Los Caminos Antiguos
– AKA “The Ancient Roads”
– New Mexico border to Alamosa
– 129 miles one way
Top of the Rockies
– Crosses the Continental Divide twice!
– Twin Lakes to Minturn, and the junction of Hwy 70 & Hwy 91
– 75 miles one way
Pawnee Pioneer Trails
– A perfect route to see pronghorn antelope, coyotes, prairie dogs, and many species of birds.
– Sterling to Fort Morgan, to Ault
– 128 miles one way
– The Ute Indians, Spanish and American Explorers, fur traders, ranchers, prospectors roamed the lands from the foothills to the Rockies.
– Pueblo to Westcliffe, to Colorado City
– 103 miles one way
– The flattop canyons were created in the soft, red sandstone by the Dolores and San Miguel rivers over the years.
– Whitewater to Placerville
– 133 miles one way
Thanks for reading “Colorado’s Most Scenic Motorcycle Rides” & have an awesome day!