If you’re familiar with the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) offered through FEMA, you know how limited it is. And for the past 50 years, it was your only choice.

Many people are surprised to learn that a flood is excluded by their standard home insurance coverage.  If you want coverage for a flood, you need to have a flood policy, or a special endorsement on your home policy.  Unfortunately the flood endoresement is only offered by a small number of companies and it is only available for people in a Flood Plane X.

But now there’s another option. Private flood insurance, which includes considerably more coverage at affordable rates.

For example:

  • The NFIP program limits coverage of a dwelling to $250,000. While private flood insurance offers coverage of up to $2 million.
  • Personal property coverage under NFIP is limited to $100,000. Our private flood insurance offers contents coverage up to $500,000.
  • NFIP insurance doesn’t cover additional living expenses while your home is being repaired or rebuilt. Our private flood insurance coverage does.
  • Private flood-insurance companies use better underwriting technology, which will save you time and money.

Not everyone is required to have flood insurance, but it’s always a good idea to have coverage for the unexpected. Are you wondering what type of flood risk there is for your home?  Check out the FEMA flood maps.   If it’s something you want to explore, give us a call or use the chat window on this page. Whether you live on a flood plane or your lender requires flood insurance, you owe it to yourself to learn how inexpensive flood insurance might be for your home.

Our office can write flood insurance through the NFIP program or private insurance companies.  Like always, we will give you options and help you find the best product for your situation.

Get a Quote on Your Flood Insurance by Clicking Here

Questions? Give us a call at 303-922-1002 or 970-800-4030.